Canal Street Art Gallery presents: the 2020 VERMONT SUMMER GROUP SHOW All Mediums, All Subjects, All Art, opens JUNE 18th, on view to the public through August 14th.
All are invited to our Virtual Gallery Event on Bellows Falls 3rd Friday Gallery Night! We will be LIVE Online on FaceBook at 6PM JUNE 18th. The VERMONT SUMMER GROUP SHOW is Canal Street Art Gallery’s 4th Annual open call to regional artists, showing artworks in all mediums, styles, and subject matters. The exhibition celebrates the diversity and abundance of local art here in Southern Vermont.
There is always a need to support the making, sharing, and seeing of art to promote creativity and free self expression. Here at Canal Street Art Gallery, in Bellows Falls Vermont it has been a struggle to champion our efforts to bring local art to our audience especially throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. We are fortunate to have been able to install shows in our physical space with uninterrupted exhibition programming in 2020. Continuing our mission is possible by sharing virtually through our many online initiatives and outlets such as 3rd Friday Gallery Night LIVE, all part of CSAG’s OUR MISSION: ART DURING COVID. In part, this is our effort to replace the Opening Receptions, typically held with packed crowds, revelry, and sales, on the 3rd Friday of every month in the gallery. Through adapting our mission during COVID-19 we have allowed for the finding and buying of local artwork. Yet, the in-person experience that one has with art remains paramount.
The importance of the local creative economy has become even clearer with the effects the current pandemic is having on global travel, culture, and economics. Support, engagement, collaboration, and the demand for online promotion and sales have all experienced unprecedented growth this past year.
Canal Street Art Gallery is proud to continue sharing local art and artists and thanks all those who appreciate and support our creative neighbors.
OPEN CALL FOR THE 2021
VERMONT SUMMER GROUP SHOW
- • Show Dates: June 18 - August 14
- • Eligibility: All artists working in all subjects and mediums.
- • Number of Submissions: 3
- • Maximum Dimension in any Directions: 48 inches
- • Artwork must be prepared for exhibition and installation at our 23 Canal Street location.
- • Exhibition Fee: $55.
- • Submissions Due: 5/24
- • Notification of Acceptance: 5/28
- • In Person Delivery: 6/14 (By appointment only.)
- • Shipped Delivery: 6/11 (All shipping charges paid by the artist, thank you.)
- • In Person Pickup: 8/16
- • Shipped Pickup: 8/16 (All shipping charges paid by the artist, thank you.)
HOW TO SUBMIT
1. COMPLETE THE ARTIST REGISTRATION BELOW:
2. COMPLETE THE ARTWORK INFORMATION FORM FOR EACH SUBMISSION BELOW:
3. EMAIL NUMBERED CORRESPONDING ARTWORK IMAGES HERE:
CSAG PROMOTION PACKAGE FOR ARTISTS IN ‘CURRENT EXHIBITION’ INCLUDES:
- • 3rd Friday Gallery Night Live Virtual Gallery Events: at 6pm on Facebook @canalstreetartgallery every BF3F.
- • Artwork Listed on Current Exhibition Page.
- • All Artists featured in a Viewing Room.
- • Press Release.
- • Scheduled Email and Social Media Campaigns.
- • Opportunities to be included in our Facebook Shop.
- • PayPal Item Listings with Buy Now buttons.
- • Digital Flyer for social sharing and email.
* Required for form submissions. Thank you!
ARTWORK NUMBER *
OUR CONSIGNMENT AGREEMENT:
- • Exhibition fees are due when artwork is is delivered to the gallery.
- • Sales are facilitated by the gallery with secure online transactions, major credit cards, checks or cash.
- • Shipping of sold work is quoted to the buyer and handled by the gallery.
- • Commission is paid to the gallery on all sold work, at the rate of 40% of the selling price.
- • Payments are made to artists every thirty days.
ALL AGREEMENTS WITH CANAL STREET ART GALLERY REQUIRE EXCLUSIVE AVAILABILITY OF CONSIGNED WORK TO THE GALLERY, WITH ALL WORK CONSIGNED DIRECTLY FROM THE ARTIST. AGREEMENTS ARE SIGNED WITH INDIVIDUAL ARTISTS ONLY. CANAL STREET ART GALLERY RESERVES ALL RIGHTS OF ACCEPTANCE OF ARTWORKS FOR EXHIBITION.
“The Artist” gives express permission to “The Gallery” to use all images of the Artist’s Artwork, as well as all personal, professional and contact information given to The Gallery. The Artist, providing The Gallery with samples of work for the purpose of promotion, grants The Gallery permission to the use of all rights of reproduction of works consigned to The Gallery by The Artist. The Artist reserves all rights of reproduction and all copyrights in the work.
Thank you for considering Canal Street Art Gallery to exhibit your artwork, we look forward to receiving your submissions.
Canal Street Art Gallery
23 Canal Street, Town of Rockingham, Bellows Falls, Vermont
Open (2 person occupancy) Wednesday to Saturday 11am - 5pm
- NOW CELEBRATING OUR 4TH YEAR! -
Copyright © 2017-2021 Canal Street Art Gallery all rights reserved.